To reserve a meeting room please contact Deana Wallace or Mandy Martin at (706) 236-4600.
The Rome Floyd County Library has meeting areas available for public use. These areas include multi-purpose rooms and the library grounds. ALL meeting and events held at the library must be open to the public. No admission fee is permitted. The library is a public facility. The meeting areas are provided as a public service, subject to rental fees and usage regulations established by the Regional Library Board of Trustees. Any special requests for use of the facilities not listed in these Guidelines shall be considered a "special request" and referred to the Library Director or Board of Trustees for appropriate action.
(1) The meeting areas are provided for community or civic organizations or groups when available. Library activities take precedence over all other requests for bookings.
(2) Meeting areas are booked on a first come, first serve basis.
(3) Bookings will not be made more than six (6) months in advance.
(4) Standing bookings cannot be made.
(5) The organization / group booking the meeting area
a. Can not charge any fee for attendance at the event
b. Can not accept any fee or contribution from persons attending the event and
c. Can not sell or promote any product or material in the library facility or on the library grounds.
d. FLAMMABLE MATERIALS ARE PROHIBITED (i.e. candles, incense, light strips, etc.)
(6) Meetings of large groups which may disturb or interfere with the general use of the library will not be booked.
The capacity of each meeting area varies according to the style seat arrangement desired.
THEATER STYLE SEATING
Coosa Room 100-125 people
Oostanaula Room 70 people
Etowah Room 30-35 people
BANQUET SEATING (TABLES & CHAIRS)
Coosa Room 80-90 people
Oostanaula Room 30-40 people
Etowah Room 20-25 people
All meeting room fees can be paid with VISA/MasterCard/debit or cash. No checks will be accepted.
The following fees have been established for the meeting room / kitchen area:
(a) Etowah or Oostanaula Rooms
$25.00 for ½ day (4 hours or less)
$50.00 for entire day (up to 8 hours)
(b) Coosa Room
$50.00 for ½ day (4 hours or less)
$100.00 for entire day (up to 8 hours)
$15.00 - for use of the kitchen / or when food is brought into the library
NO RED OR DARK PUNCH may be served
NO TAPE OR PUSH PINS on or in the wall
The library does not furnish cooking utensils or coffeepot.
(d) JANITORIAL FEE
Any additional costs incurred for damages or cleaning beyond the normal limits to carpet and/or furnishings will be charged directly to the renter.
Governmental agencies and non-profit organizations are exempt from paying a fee; however, the user is responsible for clean up and return of the area to its original state.
RESPONSIBILITY / LIABILITY:
A representative of the organization or group using the room is required to sign an Agreement assuming responsibility for the use of the room and for keys, if needed.
The Agreement must be signed at least 24 hours before use of the facility. The appropriate fee(s) must be paid at least 24 hours before the scheduled event.
No reservation shall be considered FIRM until the signed Agreement is on record / file.
If a reservation must be cancelled, it must be cancelled at least 24 hours before the scheduled event or all fees will be forfeited. Neither the Board of Trustees nor the Library Staff assume any responsibility for loss, theft or damage incurred to personal or rental property brought into the building or on the grounds. Neither the Board of Trustees nor the Library Staff assume any liability for any injury to any person (persons) during the time the premises are used.
The Board of Trustees assumes no liability for vehicles or equipment on the library grounds.
(1) No posted advertising is permitted on the building structure or on the grounds (without prior permission).
(2) The renter/user is responsible for setting up the meeting area for their event and for returning the room / kitchen to its original state.
(3) Multi-purpose room bookings includes, tables, chairs, heat or air conditioning and water facilities.
(4) Inside use library chairs are not to be moved outside for any reason.
(5) The user is responsible for setting up for activities as desired.
(6) The user is responsible for any additional equipment needed not specified in number (3) above.
(7) The user is responsible for returning the premises to a neat and orderly condition.
(8) Diagrams are available for the amount of furniture to be left in each room:
(9) The user is responsible for folding and stacking all other tables on the movable dollies in the storage room.
All other chairs are to be stacked in the storage room.
THIS MUST BE DONE THE DAY OF THE EVENT BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE LIBRARY!
(10) The meeting area must be cleaned before leaving the building. Food crumbs and spills must be removed from the carpet.
Trash must be placed in the dumpster located behind the building.
(11) Everything brought into the building - (i.e. rented chairs, tablecloths, punch bowls, etc.) must be removed from the library the day of the event.
(12)Because kitchen facilities are limited, all food brought into the building must be prepared in advance.
NO FOOD OR DRINK SHALL BE LEFT IN THE KITCHEN. All surfaces / counter tops and floors must be wiped clean.
(13)If a second Janitorial Fee is forfeited for failure to follow this policy, the user/renter will forfeit further use of these facilities.
* Directions to the library are on the library website at www.romelibrary.org
* The library does not have a paging system. Library staff is not available to relay messages. A pay phone is available in the foyer of the Library.
* An event may be scheduled after the library closes only if one of the library security guards can stay and secure the building after your event. A list of library security guards with their phone
numbers may be requested in the Administration Office. If none of the library security guards are available for the time you need them, the after hours event cannot be held.
* The fee per hour for a library security guard is $15.00 and you pay directly to them. A two hour minimum is required and if your event should go over two hours, the library security guard will be paid on a 30 minute increment ($7.50 every 30 minutes or less).
* SPECIAL REQUESTS MUST BE APPROVED BY THE DIRECTOR.
* Any keys needed for the multi-purpose rooms or kitchen must be picked up in the Administration Office Monday through Friday between 8:30 A.M. and 4:30 P.M.
* AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR A MEETING MUST BE RESERVED IN ADVANCE.
Any Audio Visual equipment needed for a meeting MUST BE CHECKED OUT ON A PATRON'S LIBRARY CARD in the Audio Visual Department during library hours. The user is responsible for the return of the equipment to the Audio Visual Department after the user's meeting. It is the user's responsibility to be sure the equipment is secure when in the multi-purpose rooms.
* All state and local fire codes must be observed in addition to all other City Codes and Ordinances.
* NO SMOKING, ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, ILLEGAL DRUGS, GAMBLING, OR FIREARMS SHALL BE PERMITTED ON THE LIBRARY GROUNDS OR IN THE LIBRARY FACILITY.